jueves, 24 de febrero de 2011

Mitsuki's Story


It wasn’t too late. It was barely 8 pm, but it was already all dark. The lights of all premises and streets were lit to illuminate another night of that cold December. Among the host of the crowded streets of the city only the silhouette of a woman stood out. A young girl who wandered around the streets immersed in her own thoughts, which were at that moment full of uncertainty and despair. He had taken off her heels and she took her purse and coat dragging on the frozen ground. She stumbled upon a man and fell down to the ground. At that time a vast number of feelings flooded her and she burst into tears. There, lying in the middle of a place that she didn’t know, she could not endure the anguish that she was feeling. People came to see what had happened to the poor girl, but she could not say a word. She was taken to a nearby police station and there the police took her home.
Once she was in his lonely apartment, even though it hasn’t been always like that, she opened the fridge took a pack of beer that she had, she sat in the chair which was in front of the window of his balcony and she plunged into a sea of alcohol. It was 5 am. She had already finished almost all the beers and she didn’t know even who she was. Talking to her little cat that was sitting on his lap, said:

-          Kisa, I am pathetic, right? - She stroked the kitten - who would say me that the person that I loved the most in this world would marry his ex girlfriend. I thought I had managed to make him forget about her and that he only could see only me - she sighed and staggered off the sofa until she fell to the ground.

She tried to get up but she was too drunk to keep his balance. She gave up and decided to lie on the warm parquet. At that moment, she closed his eyes and recalled a situation that once made her have that stupid smile on his face, but had now become a painful memory.
-          Toshiro! Toshiro! - Mitsuki ran toward the attractive young man standing at the seashore.
-          As outrageous as ever - the boy smiled as he grabbed the little girl in his arms – Do you know how long I waiting? Said Toshiro folding his arms and getting serious.
-          I'm so sorry! - she said bowing her head – Sorry, but you know how they are in college, always sending me work and, moreover, they have asked me to do a translation of an ancient writing in Latin and I lost the holy heaven and I forgot and... - the boy covered her mouth with his hand and smiled.
-          Honey, don’t worry, I was joking - he couldn’t help teasing his little girlfriend, she looked so adorable when she was nervous and tried to explain things - Besides I have a surprise ready for you.

Toshiro blindfolded to Mitsuki and led her to the shade of an umbrella, beside which he had set up a small picnic. He uncovered her eyes and she was shocked and started to scream with joy, she embraced him with all his might.

-          Happy Anniversary honey - smiled and kissed his forehead.

Mitsuki could not help but stare at that smile, that black hair, those big eyes full of tenderness. She was so in love with him that she still felt like a little girl with her first boyfriend whenever they hang out or he called her. She felt so stupid when she felt like that, but she was happy.
While eating, he approached her, took her hand and stared at him.
Mitsuki, you know I'm not very good with these things, but today I decided to tell you something -the poor boy blushed "We've been going out for 2 years and I want you to know I have been the best years I've had in a long time. You're amazing, you’re so good, so full of life, I cannot stop smiling or thinking about you at all times of the day.- He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small box, he spread it to the girl and said: It’s not a marriage proposal, because it is too early for me, but I wish you take it as a sign of my intention to stand by your side for a long, long time.

At that time Kisa woke up Mitsuki licking the girl. Without realizing he had begun to mourn again. She hated mourn. She did not like to show her tears, she considered it a symbol of his weakness. She wiped his face, got up, slightly recovered from its instability, and opened a can of food for her kitty. She looked at his watch; it was 7:00 AM and decided to take a shower.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario